This year has been difficult for so many, and it is no different with our From The Heart school program. Not only have we not been able to run our in-school program, but the funds we raise to deliver wheelchairs to those in need in Latin America have been drastically reduced.
We hope to be back running our full program this spring, but please help with this bonus donation opportunity!
All donations raised by your school of $150 or more will be matched but only through December 31st, 2020
How you can help:
· Get the word out! Promote our effort by adding to your newsletter, sending out an email, or posting on social media
· Start a (no fee) Facebook or Instagram Fundraising page.
Click here to donate. Don’t forget to designate your school when prompted!
Co-Founders Don and Josh Routh talk about the importance and impact of The Wheelchair Foundations From The Heart school program makes not only on the recipients of the wheelchairs, but the students, parents and teachers that get involved with our program.
From the Heart Schools Program
Our program began in 2009 with 20 students from Treeview Elementary School in Hayward. The goal of our program at that time was to show these students that no matter how tough they thought their lives were, there were people in other parts of the world who had even less than they did. That year, these 20 students raised $221, which went towards the purchase of two wheelchairs bound for Chile.
Since then, From the Heart has grown to include more than 50,000 students from more than 50 schools that raise up to $100,000 annually.
Program Objectives Include:
- Raising Awareness about the need for Mobility in the World
- Sensitizing students and teachers to the issues faced by people with intellectual/developmental and physical disabilities
- Fundraising to provide wheelchairs for those in need.
From the Heart School Program is part of the Wheelchair Foundation, based in Danville CA.
- Since the inception of the Wheelchair Foundation in 2000, the Wheelchair Foundation has distributed more than 1,080,000 wheelchairs to over 155 countries around the world.
- Each wheelchair costs $150 to manufacture (in China) and deliver to a developing country.
- 280 wheelchairs fit into an ocean freight container so our FTH goal is to raise at least $42,000 each year. ( 150 x 280 )
- The money raised in FTH is used to deliver wheelchairs to the poorest counties in Latin America.
If your school would like to join us in helping to make a difference in the world by delivering HOPE, FREEDOM, DIGNITY, and MOBILITY, please contact our Director of Community Outreach, Heather Schomaker at email@example.com or by filling out the contact form below.